In our time of building methodical infrastructure with the latest technology, we were inspired to excel in terms of deliverables and to go above and beyond. Below are a few awards for excellence and precision, presented to Mr. M G Somashekar, The Managing Director of PG Setty through his more than 3 and a half decades of experience in the field of construction.
- The Prime Minister’s Award for implementation of the best cost-effective housing technology in India for the project at Mysore for Slum Dwellers from the ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation. , 2010.
- PFA the photo of award – “Vishwakarma Award thrice for the year 2012 for the completion of slum development board, 2017 – 2019 for projects executed for Karnataka police housing..from Construction industry development council of India.
- The Rajyotsava Award from Kannada Rajyothsava Acharana Samithi, Kodagu District administration Madikeri, for his outstanding achievements in the field of Building Construction, 2007.
- Felicitated by Rotary Club of Kushalnagar, Somwarpet with The Rotary Club of Mysore West for his outstanding achievements.
- Honored with the Sri Govindraj memorial award by Rotary West as; Engineer Par excellence, 2011.
- Honored by his Holiness Dalai Lama for the completion of the Golden Temple, Bylakuppe.
- The Vikas Rathan Award from India International Friendships Society, Delhi, for excellence in construction.
- Honored by Kushalnagar Cauvery Indian JAYCEES as “an outstanding young achiever” in 2003.
- Honored by Indian JAYCEES Zone XV through the ZOONCON as an ‘OUTSTANDING ACHIEVER’ at Puttur.
- Honored by his holiness Sri Sri Sri Visheswaratheertha Swamiji of Pejwar Mutt and Sri Virendra Hegde for completing The Talacauvery and Bhagamandala temple renovation with precision.
- The Special Jury Award for outstanding concrete structures from Indian Concrete Institute as Birla endowment for incorporating concrete innovatively, in regards to the slum housing project, Mysore.
- Recognized for using the highest number of “Soil Cement Bricks” in a single project in India.
- The Skoch Award in 2019 for Fast Track Construction Technologies and Precast Construction of 128 PC Quarters at Binny Mill, Tank Bund Road, Bengaluru.
With a vision to build trusted infrastructure, Mr.M G Somashekar has dedicated his time and experience to the cause:
- Presented his technology in many National and International Seminars on Affordable Housing from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Govt. of India.
- Became a panel member for policy decisions with respect to the use of technology in affordable housing.
- Was appointed as a member of the committee formed by the Building Materials & Technology Promotion Council of India (BMTPC) to draw the specification for the use of Monolithic Construction Technology in India.
- He was invited as a Resource Person to share knowledge and training for CREDAI, BAI, INSTRUCT, and NAREDCO.
- “Builder of the Year” awarded by Builders Association of India (BAI) , Mysore twice for the years 2001 & 2011.
- Govt. of Karnataka received the Prime Minister’s Award for implementation of Best Cost Effective Housing Technology in India for the project at Mysore for Slum Dwellers in 2010 under the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- ACCE(I) Mysuru – Ultratech Awards 2015 for Adopting Novel Construction Technology from Association of Construction Civil Engineer (India) for Police Quarters Mysuru on 18th December 2015.
- ACCE(I) Bangalore Centre has awarded in the year 2016 for the Achievement in the field of Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering in particular.
- Honored by The Institution of Engineers India, Mysore Chapter for ‘Outstanding achievements in Civil Engineering, 2006.